Saturday, April 28, 2012

Who is This Kid?


Ella is 3.  A few months back she started asking me when I would teach her to read.  I told her I'll teach her when she's a little older.  Well, she's kept up with expressing how much she wants me to teach her to read.  So today I started her on Hooked on Phonics Kindergarten.  I figured we'd have to go very slowly and that I'd have to do a lot of "bridge building" to make it 3-year-old accessible.  Well, without any help from me she completely flew through two pages of 3-letter words, and a story.  And she did it extraordinarily fast.  It startled me.  Not so much in a "whoo-hoo my kid's a genius!" sort of way.  But in a "who are you? how did you just do that when I never taught you? and what do you really do while I'm sleeping?" sort of way.  I'm a bit suspicious of the kid.  Not sure she's completely human.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Celeste! She just takes after her grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! She must take after her smart parents. The non-human sounds familir, like something Cameron would do. Only with him, it's spitting out words I've never heard him say in some relation to some super-sonic sound he heard way off in the distance, i.e. the other day, he identified a military Osprey flying over the tree line by Lejeune. Go Ella!

    ReplyDelete